Wednesday 19 January 2011

Back to Basics

A quickie!

I don't know if I'm alone, I probably am! But having waded through my BJGP I feel inspired to try something. It's nothing new and nothing clever, but like alot of good things in life very simple. I'm going to try weighing and measuring children when they come to see me. The article was by Eduaordo Cervoni, an Italian Doctor who came over here a few years ago and was shocked to find no one was measuring children. He comments also that advice from the GP that your child is overweight/obese is not often welcome! I'll have to see how it goes down and might be out of my comfort zone!

Second thing, Case Notes is back on radio 4. This is an excellent series with Dr Mark Porter, aimed at ley audience but with lots of info for medics about what's going on around the country. Listened to the 1st of the series based in Southampton Emergency Dept as apparently A&E as a term is out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006th1n

No comments:

Post a Comment