Saturday 13 November 2010

Birthday Time

 2 crazy weeks, 2 lots of teaching medical students and William's 4th birthday this week.

I gave the 2nd tutorial to the 1st years for the Community Attachment Scheme. They have been out to visit my patients and we discussed their visits.  All seem to have been a success. The tutorial went well and flew by. Unlike the alcohol seminar I gave to the Phase 3a lot. This bunch are at the end of this phase and rather weary. I chose this session to ask for feedback about the lecture. This ranged from one comment of 'Don't do it, we've done it all before' though to a couple of excellents. In between a few more constructive comments about presentation and getting the most out of the session which I'll try to take on board for when I start again in February.

In between this and making cardboard rocket ships, cakes and wrapping birthday presents I listened to the BMJ and DTB podcasts, nothing much about primary care. BMJ about regulation, comparing the UK and US. DTB mentions a couple of new drugs including the successor to clopidogrel.

Finally 2 things I mean to go back to, a radio 4 podcast about the use of the amended Meetal Health Act, how it's been used and what the changes have meant for service users and clinicians. Also the 5 mins of general practice from the BMJ which is always useful.

Oh, and I've nearly finished this months BJGP, antenatal screening discussed.  A good discussion piece about GPs role in antenatal and postnatal care now GPs have a dwindling role in intrapartum care.

Time to go and hang up some stars and make a planet, all before breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment