Tuesday 2 November 2010

Here we go!

As I was dusting and simultaneously listening to the BMJ podcast, I had my regular panic, how on earth am I going to keep on top of all this?? So I've decided to blog my somewhat haphazard learning and education experiences to see if it's helpful.

1 month today I start back at work after 10 months off for my 3rd child, Robert and I'm squeezing in some medic thoughts to try and get that bit of my brain working at full strength again. I've been very lucky, as a salaried doctor in North Sheffield that my practice has supported me in the 8 years I've worked for them I've had 28 months of maternity leave!


A recently purchased Oxford Handbook of General Practice is to hand, which I'm pleased with. I had the Medicine handbook of this series as a junior doctor and decided this would be a good investment following a review in the BJGP last month.

http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/category/academic/series/medicine/oxhmed.do

So, the podcast. listening to the 22nd October edition talking about Chilean miners, the use of Hyper/Hypo and mental health in ethnic communities.

Got to stop now as 2 children climbing all over me and the computer so progress with this has been ground to a halt and anyway I'm peckish!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with keeping it up-to-date. With my bike rides I do find that I tend to forget to fill it in, and then have to wrack my memory for what happened. And that is only birds at present. After today I may add my AF experiences to the Blog.

    ReplyDelete